Around 80% of the global population has a smartphone. More than a billion households around the world have a display screen. The popularity of display screens is visible from the number of screens. Take a walk in one of the modern cities of the world. You will see thousands of display screens on the roadsides, buildings, offices, etc.
Have you ever thought about how manufacturers develop these display screens? What exactly is the manufacturing process of the LED display? Well, if you want to know, this post is for you. In this post, we will discuss the steps in a sequence of the manufacturing process. But first, let me explain quickly what the LED display is.
- High photoelectric conversion efficiency
- Low driving voltage – 5V
- Easy compatibility with computer interface
- Long service life
Manufacturing of the LED display screen:
- A client orders an LED display. First, the manufacturing team studies the needs of the clients. And then, they estimate the cost of production of the display. But before starting production, the company needs some insurance. No one will manufacture a product without getting some advance payment. There is a term called “Proforma invoice.” It is an estimated bill sent to the client before supplying the product. Next, the company needs confirmation to start making the display. This confirmation is through the proforma invoice by some initial payment.
- The experts at the company study the needs of the clients. For example, for what purpose are they buying the LED display? What should be the dimensions of the display screen? First, the experts go through the technical concepts of the order. Then, we create a structural design of the display screen.
After this, the manufacturing process of LED displays starts.
LED lamp baking:
You must be wondering what the LED lamp is. The lamp or light bulb emits light using light-emitting diodes. Now, the first step is the baking of LED lamps. In this process, there is the heating of electronic components. This process ensures that there is no moisture left. This moisture can be due to prolonged or improper storage.
We all know how dangerous moisture or water can be for electronic devices. If we do not bake the lamps, there will be many dead lights. In addition, it will damage the proper functioning of LED display screens. Thus, the baking of lamps ensures that such hazards do not happen. We perform this baking before any use.
The term “PCB” stands for “Printed Circuit Board.” The LED PCB has diodes mounted on it. For mounting, we generally use the technique SMT. It stands for “Surface Mounting Technique.” It has another name, “Planar Mounting.” Through the use of this technique, we mount the electronic components on the surface of the PCB.
In an LED display, there is a driver IC. Its function is to receive the data. And then, it produces the current and PWM. The driver ICs and components are surface-mount devices. It is because we mount them on PCB. This process includes the following steps:
- First, brush the solder paste.
- Then, paste the IC, resistors, capacitors, power, and signal sockets.
- Reinforce them in reflow soldering. It is the process in which we use solder paste to fix electric components on contact pads.
Use of three-proof paint:
- Salt-spray proof
- Mildew proof
- Corona resistance
Securing the bottom case:
This step is essential for outdoor LED modules only. We pour the glue on the surface of the outdoor LED display. It makes the display screen waterproof. It is necessary because such screens have to undergo extreme weather conditions. During rain or thunderstorms, water can get into the display screen. It can cause a short circuit and damage the screen. Thus, it is critical to glue the surface of outdoor screens.
And we would put the LED modules on the horizontal shelf to dry themselves.